1) Tell us about you! We know you’re a St. Louis local. 🙂
2) Tell us about your job. What is the best part? What is the most difficult or frustrating part?
3) Tell us about motherhood! Did you always want to be a mom? What about your birth story?
4) How do you balance motherhood with a hectic professional life?
5) Tell us your favorite St. Louis hot spots! Date night? Moms’ night out? Mom and kid’s day out?
6) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
7) What is your hope for St. Louis? What change do you wish you could see happen overnight?
8) What are the big stigmas moms are up against these days? How can we change the narrative?
9) What is the single most unexpected thing about motherhood for you personally?
Tishaura Jones is the first woman to hold the office of Treasurer. She is the chief investment and cash management officer of the city and oversees and manages the city’s parking division. Since becoming Treasurer, Tishaura has increased transparency in city government, streamlined and modernized the parking division, improved returns on the city’s investments, increased the overall financial health of city residents by reducing the number of unbanked households, and started a citywide children’s savings program.
Prior to becoming Treasurer, Tishaura was a Missouri State Representative from 2008-2012 and was the first African American and First Female Assistant Minority Floor Leader.
Tishaura enjoys an active volunteer career as a member of the St. Louis Metropolitan Alumnae chapter of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc. She also sits on the boards of Wyman and People’s Community Action Corporation.
Born in St. Louis, Tishaura has a Bachelor’s degree in Finance from Hampton University, a Master’s degree in Health Administration from the Saint Louis University School of Public Health, and is a graduate of the Executives in State and Local Government program at Harvard University’s Kennedy School of Government. Prior to being elected Treasurer, Jones was employed as Vice-President of Municipal Finance for Blaylock Robert Van and as an adjunct faculty member at the Anheuser-Busch School of Business at Harris-Stowe State University.
Tishaura is the proud mother of Aden.